If you run an organization that is associated with oil or chemical substances, then you should invest in spill response products to handle any hazardous occurrences on the site. For example, oil or chemical spills can be dangerous to workers’ health or cause environmental pollution. It is, therefore, important to bear in mind the importance of spill kits to contain such hazards when they happen.
The Oil Spill Kit
One of the spill response products you need is the oil spill kit, which is a cost-effective cleanup kit to handle oil spill on the site. It is useful in various applications such as marinas, dock areas, and other facilities where oil spill can happen. The kit contains absorbent materials that should be kept ready to handle any emergency spill during a cleanup exercise. Oil spill kits vary in size from as small as five gallons to bigger capacities of more than a thousand gallons.
The main purpose of the kits is to store the absorbents that can be used effectively during a cleanup exercise. Various types of kits exist including oil-only kits, chemical kits, and those that can handle any spilled product.
What Does Oil Spill Kit Contain?
The contents of spill response products vary according to the capacity of the kit and the size of the spill it is supposed to handle. In most cases, the oil spill kit contains the following materials:
- Absorbent booms, pads, wipes, pillows, and socks
- Safety goggles and disposal bags and ties
The kits often bear specific numbers and a combination of products. There are companies specializing in spill kit service as well as spill kit maintenance to help attend to clients in need of such products. Regardless of the contents of a specific kit, users can mix and match the products to meet their requirements. For instance, it is possible for a user that needs more absorbent pads than booms to have the booms replaced with the pads to meet the work effectively. Check out absorb enviro.
What are the Advantages of Spill Kit Response Products?
You may wonder why spill kits are necessary and the benefits they have over other products to contain spills. The benefits, however, are numerous and the products have been used in various sites with successful results. Some of the advantages of spill kit products, especially for emergency spills are as follows:
- They provide easy storage: all contents to handle emergency spill are contained in one place. This makes it easy to reach the contents any time their need arises.
- They store different items: one storage facility can accommodate many items, depending on the size. This makes it easy for users to choose which storage can accommodate the items they need in case of emergency.
- Product specific: if you are dealing with oil spills, you can use the oil spill kits. In the same way, a user dealing with chemical spills can utilize the kit designed to handle chemical spills. Besides, the kits are more flexible to work on water-based or land cleanups.
The use of spill response products can reduce damage caused by oil or chemical spills in worksites. To get more information about the products, visit http://www.absorbenviro.com.au/spillkitserviceprogram